Friday, February 8, 2013

Howl Imitation


I saw the minds of my generation take and not give

Who think that working hard is no longer necessary, and living off tax payer dollars is ok.

Are capable of a job, but ever go and find one because they think they are to good to work at fast food restaurants, gas stations, or farms.

Who have never worked a day in their lives, never got their hands dirty, greasy or stained so badly that it does not take one wash to clean them. Never worked so hard in their lives that they get up in the morning sore, not wanting to get out of bed, but still do cause there is work need to be done.

I saw the minds of my generation drink and drive, wreck vehicles, ruining people’s lives and getting away with it. Not have to suffer like the family they hurt.

Who would much rather drink their pain and sorrows away because that all they know.

I saw the minds of my generation go from sitting down for home cooked meals as a family, to sitting in front of the TV or not sitting down at all.

I wonder where these minds will lead us next.

6 comments:

  1. Everything, I can totally relate to! I really like the references to being to lazy to work or too prestigious to work at a fast food place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this. It was very creative, and I can relate to what you say through what I see other people and myself doing. Sometimes, we don't even realize what type of generation we are living in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this, knowing some of the people that I do, it's easy to relate to, even some things that I myself do. It's an eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading all of these makes me realize the type of generation we are living in today. I really like what you said about being capable of a job but feeling too good for a certain ttype of work. Sometimes people just need a reality check...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more, it seems that more and more kids just expect to get what they want in life, without actually doing any of the work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate the emphasis on the lack of a work ethic. The more you hone in on it, the better and more specific the images get. Thus, we get almost a definition of real hard work from you (it makes you almost too sore to get out of bed the next morning).

    ReplyDelete